[cisco-voip] Unity port licenses with CUWL

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 11:14:06 EDT 2010

Yes you get 32 if its a new CUWL build unless you order additional port when
doing the config. If its a migration they assume you already have 32 port
which NOT always the case and since you migrate over all your existing
licenses getting those additional port you are entitled to is a nightmare. I
ran across this twice in the last year and eventually had to have our CAM
escalate to the CUWL Product Manager and sign off on the port upgrade, once
that was in place licensing got his blessing and they cut me the .lic.
Unfortunately everything with a CUWL migration requires brute force and
pleading with Cisco for what your entitled to.