[cisco-voip] Phone echo

Chris Ward (chrward) chrward at cisco.com
Mon Aug 23 15:54:26 EDT 2010

Echo is always an analog issue. That's not to say it can't be an issue
with an IP Phone since they have DSPs that convert analog signals into
digital ones, however if you haven't changed IP Phone firmware recently,
they are probably not the issue. If you have, you can try and revert
back and see what happens. You can check if you users experience it on
their headset or handsets or both.

I would suggest you probably need to focus on your analog components
like the GW. Has anything changed there? Newer IOS loads contain new DSP
loads for the DSPs on the GW which will affect their operation. You can
open a TAC case for some troubleshooting, but I suspect you might need
to get a call into your SP at some point.

+Chris