[cisco-voip] 7911s coming with hardcoded tftp server?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Tue Aug 24 12:20:56 EDT 2010

So I just got a batch of 7911G phones in and they wouldn't register to
save their lives.

After some investigation I found that they were all set with a hardcoded
TFTP server

(Option 8) TFTP Server 1: 131.248.46.128

Once I unlocked the phone (**#) I was able to delete the entry and the
phone autoconfiged and everything works fine now.

Has anyone seen this before?  I did an ARIN and it's a SE Asian address.

% APNIC found the following authoritative answer from: whois.apnic.net
% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms    http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html
inetnum:      131.248.0.0 - 131.248.255.255
netname:      CTC-NET
country:      JP
descr:        ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation
admin-c:      HK64-AP
<http://wq.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl?searchtext=HK64-AP&form_type=adv
anced>
tech-c:       HK64-AP