[cisco-voip] 7911s coming with hardcoded tftp server?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Tue Aug 24 15:33:14 EDT 2010

Awesome....never saw this message before :-)

I assume that "Remove support for CiscoCM1" was the only notable change
listed in that super secret bug?

Dear valued Cisco Bug Toolkit customer, the bug ID CSCsb56599 you
searched contains proprietary information that cannot be disclosed at
this time; therefore, we are unable to display the bug details. Please
note it is our policy to make all externally-facing bugs available in
Bug Toolkit to best assist our customers. As a result, the system
administrators have been automatically alerted to the problem.

While we are working to resolve this issue, we invite you to reach out
to the experts on the Bug Toolkit Support Community
<https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/btk> . You
may find answers there to your Bug Toolkit questions, or post your
feedback on our forum as well. Thank you.

Note: Some product enhancement requests and documentation bugs may not
be available in Bug Toolkit.

It sounds like hardcoded TFTP servers on phones is a somewhat common
experience.  Is there a procedure for wiping the phone, or should I
continue to **# and delete the record when I find it on phones?...or is
there a better way that doesn't require menu navigation?

JM