[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1.1 replication - pub state is 3-bad

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Aug 26 16:58:56 EDT 2010

What does CURT show for the output of 'cdr lis serv'?  That's the connection that is down and triggers state 3.

If you don't want to keep reinstalling open a TAC SR and get somebody looking at it.  Otherwise get the cluster to a good state and upgrade.  There are many improvements since early 6.x related to dbreplication serviceability.

-Ryan

On Aug 26, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Patrick Mowry wrote:

> Does 'file view activelog platform/log/diag2.log' not give you
anything?

On 2 of the servers no, but it does work on a 3rd one that was failing.
The end is:
08-19-2010 14:30:11 validate_network:     test script exists
08-19-2010 14:30:11 validate_network:     run network script via expect
[./diag_validate_network.exp > /dev/null]
08-19-2010 14:33:11 validate_network:     result: 256, message: Unknown
network error

The test reads passed after a reinstall.

> I'm not 100% sure for 6.1.1 but in later versions state 3 simply means
> that one of the servers in the cluster is down.

All members of the cluster are up, and I was using the Unified reporting
application to verify the host files and it showed all of them.  But a
reinstall is changing the state from 4 to 3, and fixing the problem
where newly created phones do not register to a subscriber.  Maybe once
I reinstall the last one and there are no more 4's the state will change
to 2.