[cisco-voip] wireless phones

Jeff Mottishaw mottie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 12:38:18 EDT 2010

I am in the process of migrating all of our users/laptops to a
PEAP-TLS wireless configuration using Server 2008 Active Directory
Certificate Services. That's all well and fine but now I'm a bit
stumped:

We have a number of 7921 phones and all the documentation I am coming
across for setting them up with certificates talks about using Cisco
ACS (which I don't have). Has anyone on this list used AD to store the
certificates? I have been searching but there doesn't seem like there
is a lot of information out there.

I'm wondering if I need to make users/computers for the phones or how
that works. I assume I need to make a certificate template for them
and manually associate it, but I want to be sure before I go ahead
with anything.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff