[cisco-voip] Does anyone know the features sip phones do that have that SCCP phones can do?

Gregory Wenzel gwenzit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 06:20:41 EDT 2010

I have a client with approx 1000 phones and is about to do an office job on
this legacy system. He is stuck on sip, why I have no clue but most likely
he wants to use cucm8.5 with cheap sip phones besides his service provider
telling him he should go all sip and run g729 on-net is not such a great
advice, that will only save him in the shortrun with purchasing dsp modules.
They have no bandwidth issue haveing a comcast tls 100mb link betw the two
sites and a few satelite offices in the philly area. Not ever having built a
purely sip system. They have 3 pri's now and I dont see them needing to run
g729 onnet and  loose that sound quality.

What does it mean when you have to build the dial plan? and a sip profife
for each phone? im embarassed to even ask that but wanted some clairfication
from anyone on the group for the dial plan question and besides video
advantage not working yet with sip phones what are the other features that
do not work yet?

even a  link to the answer would help or a kick in the butt right direction
would be great

Regards,

Greg