[cisco-voip] Network Monitoring for CP-7945G

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Aug 30 21:00:51 EDT 2010

It's much simpler just to configure an SSH user in CCMAdmin and reset the phone.

Otherwise you would upload the key files via the OS Admin web page or copy them to the tftppath of the Windows based CUCM server.   That process is really obsoleted by the fact that any recent CUCM will let you configure an ssh user in the web page.

That said, the ssh console is for debugging only.

-Ryan

On Aug 30, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Crist Clark wrote:

>>> On 8/25/2010 at  1:19 PM, Cumhur Kizilari <yahoo at cumhur.com> wrote:
> Dear Crist,
>
> 7945G and 79[67]5 etc provide SSH connection. Please check this
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SSH+with+PuTTY+to+Cisco+IP+Phone page.

Thanks for the pointer. But I am a little confused. The instructions
kind of gloss over how you get the keys to the phones other than
saying the TFTP server is involved,

 "Now copy that file on to the TFTP server."

Unfortunately it's also only kind of academic in my case since the
TFTP server is maintained offsite by a third-party service vendor.