[cisco-voip] IOS Selection

Mike King me at mpking.com
Tue Aug 31 10:54:04 EDT 2010

So think of this as Remedial IOS software selection.

I have a brand new VG224 that we've just bought.  It has
(vg224-I6S-M), Version 12.4(24)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) on it.

Our security policy requires Telnet disabled on all devices, and SSH
to be enabled.

The VG224 didn't ship with (the equivalent of) a K9 release.  I
understand the reason (software export / encryption).

Before I call up the consultant, and make him reload the IOS to
include SSH support (because it was in his contract), I want to make
sure I understand.

Because I'm in the US, and I have a valid smartnet contract, should I
be able to download (the equivalent of) a K9 release?  Would I be able
to go to a later release?

Is 15 on a VG224 a good idea.  I'm assuming TAC always recommends the
latest version.