[cisco-voip] UCCX 5.01 upgrade to 7.01

Bill Riley bill at hitechconnection.net
Fri Dec 3 17:44:23 EST 2010

We are planning an upgrade from UCCX 5.01 SR2 to 7.01 SR5. We will take the
primary server offline to perform the upgrade

in an isolated network to minimize the downtime involved. We currently have
two servers in

an HA configuration. I have the following questions:

.       How can I force the failover from the primary node to the secondary
node

.       How long does it take to switch from the primary to the backup

.       Do the CAD clients automatically failover to the secondary server

.       How long can the primary server be offline?

.       Does the secondary server maintain a copy of all of the call
statistics while the

primary server is offline?

.       If the primary server is offline and a new CAD client is started,
will it automatically

connect to the secondary?

.       If I upgrade the primary server on an isolated network where it
cannot communicate with

the secondary server will the upgrade complete

.       What will happen when I start the primary server after the upgrade
to 7.01 and the

secondary server is still at 5.0? Will the client continue to operate on the
secondary

server?

.       Will I then be able to upgrade the secondary server to 7.01?

Thanks for any help or experience you can provide.