[cisco-voip] UCC Express Virtual server install

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:45:31 EST 2010

I wouldn't call that expensive at all, especially for a large deployment.
 Think about the labor spent cataloging phone MAC addresses, putting phones
in CUCM (even via BAT), and more importantly, ensuring that pre-configured
phones actually get placed in the appropriate location.  I know I've seen
situations where a significant percentage of phones (5% or more) that are
preconfigured end up the wrong location.  On a large (1000+ phone)
deployment, tracking down the phones and moving them, or reconfiguring them,
takes a lot of time.

$1/phone for a TAPS equivalent that's easier to use than TAPS and has more
features is *well* worth it.

-matthew