[cisco-voip] CM 8 ITL and TFTP problems

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 22:34:30 EST 2010

New cm 8 install and I'm having issues with the 7945 phones not being
able to download files (ringlist, phone config file, etc) from TFTP.

I think it is related to ITL and the security by default.

My CM is setup User system>server as IP address.   My voice vlan dhcp
scopes are setup with IP addresses for the option 150 values.

When I look at the phone, under the security section and ITL section I
see the TFTP server is referred there as the FQDN.

I think my prob is the dhcp scope is IP and do it's not matching the ITL value.

Has anyone dealt with this or understand what is going on?

Justin