[cisco-voip] CM/Ucxn 8.5 iso.. not bootable?

Van Benschoten, Brian Brian.VanBenschoten at COREBTS.com
Mon Dec 13 09:49:21 EST 2010

I think it changed back to non-bootable.
something about not being able to track the 3rd party product licenses that are under the covers.
I think the 8.0.3 bootable version that slipped out was a mistake.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ed Leatherman
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:47 AM
To: Cisco VOIP
Subject: [cisco-voip] CM/Ucxn 8.5 iso.. not bootable?

I thought the iso's from cisco.com were going back to being bootable again?

Contradictory release notes:

Before You Begin
In Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1), the image available
for download from Cisco.com is a bootable image that can be burned to
DVD and used for both upgrades and fresh installs.

Further down in the upgrade procedure:
Note Because the UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.10000-26 build specifies a
nonbootable ISO, the build proves useful only for upgrades. You cannot
use this build for new installations.

I can't boot from the download, going to try to install 8.0 and
upgrade instead assuming the demo license allows that. In-place
upgrade during the 8.0 install wouldn't work either, although I
remember some discussion that that would be the case going forward.

OR i have a bad iso, but the MD5 checked out OK.

--
Ed Leatherman