[cisco-voip] Device Mobility CSS Bug or it's normal?

Ki Wi kiwi.voice at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:33:18 EST 2010

I have 2 phones inside P_Internal, 1001 and 1002

Both phone have their CSS set to CSS_Xlate

CSS_Xlate contains only P_Xlate

By dialing 1XXX for example, it will hit a translation pattern 1xxx via
P_xlate partition, CSS is set to CSS_Internal (it contains P_Internal only).

Inside this translation pattern, i'm stripping all the calling/called LINE
information

Ideal situation, information are stripped. However it's not. When I tried to
dial something else like 911, it works! Using DNA, it shows me what I
wanted.

After some troubleshooting or rather by luck while I went to reset the whole
device pool, I discovered I have Device Mobility CSS set to
CSS_International (which contains internal extension, 911, etc etc).
However, my phone wasn't set to mobility mode! Meaning they are in their
home device pool.