[cisco-voip] Unity 8 and Connection 8

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Fri Feb 5 10:15:55 EST 2010

The release notes for Unity 8 are posted, they detail new/changed behavior:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/release/notes/803curn.html

The big one is interoperability with Connection 8. Also of note is
adding support for SQL 2005, a voice connector that runs on Exchange
2007, and enhancements to the AD sync processes.

Windows/full Unity isn't going away anytime soon, but word is that
after 8.0 not to expect too much in the new feature department.