[cisco-voip] DN Mappings

Huffman, Tim thuffman at rosettastone.com
Fri Feb 5 13:46:43 EST 2010

All,

We're getting ready to open a new office and the carrier is telling me they only can only hand off 2 digits of the DID from the BRIs that we're ordering.  We currently have 4 digit extensions everywhere else in the company.  I really don't want to have just 2 digit extensions for each person in the new office as opposed to the 4 that would be preferable.  At the same time I don't want to have to setup a lot of forwarding on the back-end that goes to 4 digit extensions.  Has anyone had a lot of experience with this?  What are the different options I have?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Huffman