[cisco-voip] Connectivity problem with remote site

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Feb 10 09:35:16 EST 2010

The version of skinny used between the phone and CUCM is determined by both sides indicating the highest version they support, and the highest that both support is used.  In the ASA's case it didn't support the new messages with version 17 so if the phone had an 8.4 phone load and you are using CUCM 7 then the devices would be using skinny version 17 and you would get odd issues when making calls (as the ASA would drop certain messages it didn't know how to inspect).

In your case if the phones couldn't even stay registered it's likely some other inspection issue was causing the tcp sessions to get terminated.

-Ryan