[cisco-voip] CUPC - different DN for Softphone and Deskphone

Zahid Hassan zhassan at gmx.net
Thu Feb 11 17:18:06 EST 2010

Peter,

Appreciate this very much.

What you said is not necessarily 100% incorrect.

I have tested this and I have found out that you can indeed assign a
different DN for
CUPC then the deskphone phone as long as its configured as the primary DN in
CUCM.

For example, a second DN on the deskphone can be defined as the primary DN
for CUPC but the problem here is that the CUPC will only be able to control
the deskphone only on one DN which has to be configured as the primary.

My requirement here is to be able to assign the softphone in CUPC a
different DN and in
a hunt group which will have a different call distribution algorithm while
working remotely
without a deskphone. They should also be able to switch to their deskphone
when they are back
in the office and be part of a different hunt group.

This obviously wouldn't work as very clearly explained by Joe Martini.

Once again, would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to clarify
this.

Regards,

Zahid