[cisco-voip] Independent PRIs -- Single Router

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:44:17 EST 2010

The first gen 2 port VWICs have a single PLL chip shared between both
ports. I've heard the version2 VWICs corrected this but have heard
conflicting reports. Either way, I think there may be a clocking issue
for one of the PRIs if using WIC/VWIC slots and PVDM/DSPs on the
mainboard. Another possibility would be to do internal clocking on one
of the PRIs, but I've never had success with that on a PRI yet from a
carrier when trying to overcome a clocking issue.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Jason Aarons (US)
<jason.aarons at us.didata.com> wrote:
> I understood the  problem is PVDM2/DSPs sit have a single PLL (phase-locked
> loop) which can only clock to 1 source. I could be wrong.

>>> for incoming calls just make sure you have an incoming dial-peer and then