[cisco-voip] UCM <-> Gateway: H323 vs. SIP

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 00:09:23 EST 2010

These days if you're using UCM 7.x or later (especially 8.x, just
FCS'd) the feature gaps between the two are not very large at all.  I
would say go with SIP because it's a protocol that will be used for
much longer than H.323 which is quickly starting to be used less.
It's easier to troubleshoot and understand if you don't know either of
the protocols.

-nick