[cisco-voip] Unity Connection email access on Exchange 2003

Tomslin Samme-Nlar tsammenlar at sevenseastech.com
Mon Feb 15 01:22:53 EST 2010

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, when configuring Unity Connection for email access on
an external message store (Exchange 2003), must the PCA password be the same
as that of Exchange?

I have such configured and though the External service config page for the
user asks only for the username on exchange, the tomcat service gives me an
authentication error when viewed from RTMT.

The test is successful from system settings > external service but it fails
from user > external service account
What could be the prob? Below is the error I got:

The validation results for subscriber external service account of test with
service IMAP Email Access:
	Server 172.xx.xx.xx can be reached by ping.
	The service port for IMAP is functional.
	The expected response was received from server.
	The service port for calendaring is functional.
	The system failed to perform an IMAP operation. 	Please refer to other
warnings and errors generated by the tool and check the tomcat log file for
the details. 	The system failed while trying to make an API call.