[cisco-voip] Same DID for Phone and Fax

Rameez Sardar ramizchaudhary at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 02:28:24 EST 2010

Hi All,

I have IPT setup that includes Callmanager 6, cisco 2800 as voice
gateway and a range of DID. I am trying to configure gateway so that same
DID can be used for both phone and fax. Means if someone call on DID it
should be routed to call manager and then phone and if someone sends fax on
the same DID, it should be routed to Fax.

I studied some documents on this from cisco and got the idea but
configuration is not working. Can someone tell me the exact configuration
for this?

I read somewhere that this solution is not stable and has many issues and
complexity, if someone add comments on this.

Waiting your kind reply.

Thanks