[cisco-voip] Redundant Call Unity boxes

Martin Bufton m.bufton at spectra-group.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 07:13:31 EST 2010

I have purchased two call Unity servers as part of our CUWL license

I was hoping to be able to configure them in a cluster, though I don't
think that is possible.

I would like one located in site A and one located at site B

The sites are separate by a routed VPN tunnel.

Each site will eventually have a MGCP PRI  each.

I already have a CCM cluster configured on CCM at one site, one at the
other.

I have one Unity server up and running acting as an Auto Attendant and
voicemail service for my extensions.

Can some please advise the best topology to give me maximum reliability
and minimal impact to a user if a server went down?

I am not connecting to Exchange of Lotus.

Thanks in advance Martin.