[cisco-voip] Getting Unity to work when in SRST mode.

Monica Hardy Monica.Hardy at openwave.com
Thu Feb 18 17:34:58 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I have read a few articles, but I am not sure if any of these have my
exact scenario.

I can get to Unity fine from this remote location when the MGCP gateway
is up and running fine.

We use 4 digit extensions and Unity is configured with the same 4 digit
extension.

This remote location has a PRI to the PSTN.

When in SRST mode when you call in from a cell phone to the user's
extension or if the user hit's the messages button they are

just sent to the general unity mailbox and not their specific mailbox.

I am checking with the carrier to see if RDNIS is configured on the PRI.

This is a little different scenario because I have a translation pattern

translating the incoming 4 digits received from 0[1-2]XX to 22XX on the
SRST GW:

voice translation-rule 1

 rule 1 /^0[1-2]\(..$\)/ /22\1/

voice translation-profile inboundtrans

 translate called 1

This rule is applied to the dial-peers as

translation-profile incoming inboundtrans

I also have an outgoing translation rule that translates the 22XX
extension to the full Correct DID number on outgoing calls:

!

voice translation-rule 3

 rule 1 /^228./ /9137480200\1/

 rule 2 /^\(229\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8019\2/

 rule 3 /^\(220\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8020\2/

 rule 4 /^\(221\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8021\2/

 rule 5 /^\(222\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8022\2/

 rule 6 /^\(223\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8023\2/

 rule 7 /^\(224\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8024\2/

 rule 8 /^\(225\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8025\2/

 rule 9 /^\(226\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8026\2/

 rule 10 /^\(227\)\(.$\)/ /9XXXX8027\2/

!

!

This is applied to the call-manager-fallback

translation-profile incoming OUT1

Under call-manager-fallback I also have these vm settings configured:

voicemail 916XXXX02499

call-forward busy 916XXXX02499

call-forward noan 91XXXX02499 timeout 10

How do I make Unity see the 4 digit extension so that the caller can get
dumped into the correct mailbox, or the user can still hit the messages
button to get his messages.

Are my outgoing translation patterns an issue?

I am really unable right now to do any testing so I am trying to figure
out what I need to configure put it in place and then take a downtime as
I will have a small window.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

-Monica