[cisco-voip] CM4 More than 50 MOH Sources?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Feb 24 12:09:00 EST 2010

using CME MoH from flash per branch is the best multiplier that comes to
mind.

Otherwise, it is fairly trivial to get a multicast MoH stream onto the
network.  The challenge is getting CM to send instruction to the
endpoint for it to subscribe to the correct stream.

Within each stream you technically get a stream per codec. You could
possibly look at forcing a specific codec match between endpoint and MoH
source.  This gets you another 4-8 moh sources per stream.  However,
this gets very complicated.

The branch approach appears the best for simplicity. Something as small
as a 17xx router can source the stream.  Are the departments colocated
so you could use multicast boundaries to divide up the groups?

/Wes