[cisco-voip] CCm 7.1.2 - SCCP 9.0.2

Dana Tong Dana.Tong at ivision.com.au
Fri Feb 26 01:57:36 EST 2010

Hi,

Phone loads are under:  Device | Device Settings | Device Defaults.

What firmware are you trying to upgrade from? Does the phone display the
message "Auth Fail"? If so you might be hitting this issue.

>From the 9.0(2) release notes:
For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier
than 8.3(3) to version 9.0(2)SR1 or greater, you must first upgrade your
firmware to version 8.3(3). Once you have upgraded to version 8.3(3),
you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 9.0(2)SR1 or later.

(Although there might be a typo in there because I know 8.5(2)SR1 or
greater was only available from 8.5(2).)
>From the 8.5(4) release notes:
For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier
than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(4) or greater, you must first upgrade your
firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2),
you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 8.5(4) or later.

Cheers
Dana