[cisco-voip] Manipulating MWI by XML

Bill Simon bills at psu.edu
Fri Feb 26 18:20:05 EST 2010

Wes Sisk wrote:
> right track. you can't control the MWI directly on the phone. however,
> you can remote control the phone to dial MWI on number so that CM will
> send MWI on down to the phone.
>>
>> this gives you some examples or at least psuedocode
>>
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/5_1/english/programming/guide/ip5_1apa.html
>>
>> i'd use the execute sample, then use the dial option and dial your MWI
>> on/off number.

Good suggestions but the dialing action that happens when you do Execute
URL="Dial:1999" is disruptive to other elements that I am pushing.  I
may skip this idea.  Basically I am looking for a visually-annoying
element to make the person look at the phone (there will also be an
annoying audio element, e.g. the "Cisco Techno" ringtone... just
kidding... maybe).

Bill