[cisco-voip] phone load update before cucm upgrade

redsnapper redsnapper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 03:31:51 EST 2010

Hi,

We're planning to upgrade our CUCM cluster to version 7.1(3) from 6.1(2). Since the phones are distributed to multiple low bandwidth remote locations, we want to update phone loads group by group in several days before the actual CUCM upgrade. We're thinking of changing the phone load fields of the phones using bulk administration, without changing the device defaults so that during work hours no accidental upgrades occur, and only the intended phones are upgraded during the night.

Is it a good practice, do you have any other suggestions or comments?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Bars.