[cisco-voip] 7937 Packet Loss and intermittent voice quality issues

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:39:29 EST 2010

I have a new customer install with 8 sccp 7937s and all of them are
experiencing the same problem. Intermittently throughout the call they
continue to lose voice for 5-10 seconds and then it clears back up for a few
minutes and it occurs again. I can see on the web statistics for the phone
that it appears to be losing packets (Rcvr Lost Packets  2483). This only
appears to be occurring inbound to the device since the caller does not hear
and audio issues. These devices are deployed throughout the company and all
are experiencing the same issues at times. There are a couple bugs for g729
and g722 but we’re running g711 (g722 has been disabled clusterwide). They
were experiencing the issue yesterday and I had the 7937 conference in a
7965 and the 7965 did not experience any voice issues so it’s not the call
itself or callers phone. No other phones are experiencing the issues and
I’ve upgrading the load from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 and the problem still exists.
Calls are hitting the PSTN via an MGCP controlled PRI however I’m not sure
if that’s in play or not we have not been able to replicate the problem on
internal calls but that’s not to say it’s not occurring because its
intermittent.

No Duplex Mismatches

Cabling has been checked and device moved to new location with known good
wiring

CUCM 7.1.2.21900-5

Any ideas?