[cisco-voip] Disconnecting the publisher server from the cluster

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 03:16:54 EST 2010

Your calls should work fine as lng as no phones or gateways were
registered directly to the publisher. In fact, if the publisher goes
away, as long as there are available call managers in the CCM group to
fail over to, that shouldn't even be a problem.

One thing you might want to watch out for is h.323 gateways that arent
set up with backup dialpeers or the proper TCP establish timeout.
aside from that, you shoudl pretty much be okay, assuming the
publisher is completely disconnected. (Versus maintaining IP
connectivity to some devices, and not to others.

you are definitely going to lose the ability to do any sort of
configuration. (user-facing features will still work though, assumign
the necessary services are active on the remaining callmanagers.)

That being said, you are going to want to do everything you can to
keep your publisher connected and in good standing with its little
subscriber buddies. ...Make sure you have a good backup, too.

-Pete