[cisco-voip] CUCM 7.1.3.20000: Phone time update not working

Pratik pratik.rb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 04:41:12 EST 2010

Hi Guys

I have CUCM 7.1.3.20000 and am having issues with time display on the 7911
and 7942 phones on site. Other phone I have is the 7925 but time shows okay.

The 7911 and 7942 do not update their time and show GMT time only compared
to offset set on date/time configuration of +4. The 7925s seem to be okay.
No matter what timezone I put the phones into they always show GMT time.

I checked Publisher time its fine. Even put Pub on NTP and even phones in
Phone NTP reference but the 7911 and 7942 do not update their time!

On the other side, date changes work ok.

What could be the issue guys? Is there any known issue with this version? I
already tried upgrading the phone firmware to 8.5.4 but doesnt work either.
Phones are all skinny and besides the 7911, 7942 I only have the 7925 which
shows proper time display.

Regards,
Pratik