[cisco-voip] VT Advantage

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jan 19 10:25:01 EST 2010

Works for me with an XP vmware in Fusion but your nic has to be in bridged mode, NAT will not work.

-Ryan

On Jan 18, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:

Hi,
> Thanks everyone for your input.
>
> The issue was the Virtual-Box (VM) Network Adapter.  I disabled it and VT Advantage now connects fine.

talking of which - we are moving to virtualised desktops - to reduce the number
of systems in offices etc. as part of this, my old PC has now been turned
into a nice fusion image on my Mac - and now, of course, video advantage
no longer works.

now. i now it says that virtualised environments are not supported....ut
i wonder at what point the system is failing - both the main host
(OSX) and the other virtual hosts (Linux and Windows XP and Vista) can
see the CDP frames from the phone (thanks wireshark, tcpdump et al) but
why does the software not work when its a VM host - what point is it breaking?

is this a VMWare issue (driver?) or is this a software issue (client doesnt like
talking to the VM driver?).  or is this some built in detection that notes
the driver is VM and thus stopping it from working to reduce tech calls?

the future is virtualisation - i cannot keep running in native windows mode
just for Video advantage - its a pity.....everything else is pretty much okay
in the virtual world now...

alan

PS yes, I dont mind living on bleding edge - if theres a special beta
of VA I'll be happy to be a guinnea pig for this tool