[cisco-voip] Conferencing Codecs Across WAN

Chris Ward (chrward) chrward at cisco.com
Tue Jan 19 14:57:18 EST 2010

You got it!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhodium [mailto:rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:52 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net; Chris Ward (chrward)
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Conferencing Codecs Across WAN

Hi Chris,

Yes it does... :) So I don't have to worry about G.711 across the WAN
unless my regions specify that. So essentially, I dont have to size up
bigger circuits for this as I can continue using G.729 regardless of who
initiated the conference with which codec, as only G.729 to this region
is allowed.

So basically, the phones in site B using G.711 for their current call
will have to change their codec to match the region configuration of
G.729 as site A's HW-CFB is set to that.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

Jason