[cisco-voip] DTMF fun

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Tue Jan 19 17:52:23 EST 2010

So I've got:

PSTN --> MGCP GW --> CUCM --> H.323 GW --> PBX#1 --> PBX#2 --> VM

If you take out the MGCP/CUCM/H323 that's how it was working for the
past 12 years or so. (pstn-> pbx#1-> etc)

I haven't been able to get it to cause problems when calling from an ip
phone on CUCM to VM, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have issues.  I'm
trying to decide if it's just SNR loss that's causing the DTMF not to
work (from all the hops) or something else. Unfortunately I don't have a
good place to jump in and listen to DTMF to see if it's distorting or
not.

Hope that helps!  Let me know if I'm not giving enough useful info.
It's always the sporadic issues that I scratch my head on.

Jon