[cisco-voip] Fwd: Cisco ATA Fax Confusion

Rhodium rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 10:58:02 EST 2010

It is an excellent resource but doesn't go into fax passthrough to the level of my question as my concern was regarding the interoperability between the two different pass through protocols and not fax relay.

So ATAs support modem passthrough and the difference between that and fax passthrough is that modem passthrough looks for phase reversals, but it falls back to fax passthrough if there are none. Am I correct in the fall back assumption?

Also, trying to work out how a Cisco VG224 configured for pass-through (protocols based) can receive faxes from ATAs supporting passthrough. Was wondering if there is some kind of interoperability going on here a new feature I wasn't aware of.

Guess, debugs will show that...

Jason