[cisco-voip] Forwarded Calls drop after 29 secs

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:13:48 EST 2010

Hey Guys,

I have a customer that is experiencing a weird issue.
Currently some of their forwarded calls are failing after 29 secs. I believe
it is only happening when the calls are forwarded to 2 specific carriers,
but cant confirm that yet.
I have a ticket open with the carrier so that they can take a look at the
traces we have captured.
The issue happens the following way. Inbound call to main company DID goes
to an AA, if no choice is used by the caller then it goes to a live person.
However afterhours this live person forwards their call to an offsite #.
When that offsite # receives the forwarded call they are only able to stay
on for 29 secs then the call dies on both ends.

THe set up is as follows:
Carrier---sip---CUBE----sip---CUCM---sccp---IPT
CUCM is 7.0
Unity is 7.0
CUBE is 12.4.(20T4)

I have tried capturing debugs on the CUBE but havent been able to see any
SIP (BYE) messages from either side.
This only happens when Unity is involved. Normal CFW doesnt have this
problem.

Thanks,

Joel P