[cisco-voip] Multicast conference bridge?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:11:35 EST 2010

Do any such things exist?  IE, sometimes when we do an "all hands" call, we
end up using an external service, and that means 90+ ISDN calls!  It seems
in a "one talker, many listeners" environment, something that could result
in a multicast audio stream going back to the caller would be pretty
awesome, and would finally get us over the hump of "why should we bother
multicast enabling the network?"

If it doesn't exist, is seems like something suited for CUAE perhaps?

The last time I looked at CUAE I got stuck in what seemed to be a huge
amount of pre-requisites to get it going in our environment.  Something
like a vmware ready-to-go image would be nice to get some rapid development
started.