[cisco-voip] Easy QoS question - trust boundary

Leetun, Rob rleetun at bouldercounty.org
Thu Jan 28 15:17:09 EST 2010

Hi Ed,

Here is a test that will let you know if QoS is being passed through.

Capture the traffic of a phone call that goes through that router.

Also check to see if DSCP markings make it through with the following
command.

ip sla monitor 333
 type udpEcho dest-ipaddr 192.168.1.1 dest-port 1967 source-ipaddr
192.168.253.1  tos 184  frequency 10

ip sla monitor schedule 333 life 30 start-time now

The above command will send a few packets to 1.1 and the DSCP will be
set to EF.

Watch the packets in Wireshark and examine the DSCP.

Rob

Robert Leetun
Network Engineer
Boulder County Information Technology