[cisco-voip] enabling "ring down to 9" in existing dial-plan

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Fri Jan 29 12:35:21 EST 2010

Don’t think about it as a ring down, think about making route patterns without the 9.  This basically disables internal dialing.  So your new CSSs can’t see the partition that the extensions are in.

If you don’t need LD, you’d have a route pattern that is [2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX for 10 digit dialing.  That would be about the only think in the partition and the only partition in the CSS.  I guess you’d probably need one for X11 too.

Problem with translation pattern, is it doesn’t look for more digits.  Unless maybe you have overlap sending enabled?