[cisco-voip] 7900 series and ARP

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 1 11:38:38 EDT 2010

Would you have any idea as to the behavior of the device when the cache is full ? It doesn't appear that Option 35 is set, so if that is correct then the timeout would be 40 minutes. Since you can call numerous endpoints in that timespan I would assume it drops the oldest non-permanent entry. However, even with this behavior, should  it not still be able to successfully open the RTP stream, even if it were delayed in resolving the IP address ? Is there, then, perhaps  a problem with Gratuitous ARP being enabled, in that it is overflowing the table and causing a problem ? I logged into the phone via SSH, but there doesn't seem to be a way to view the table from the device to see what it is populated with.

Thank you for your reply,

Adam