[cisco-voip] DC to AD

Ahmed Elnagar ahmed_elnagar at rayacorp.com
Sat Jul 3 14:44:10 EDT 2010

Yes this will be okay...but be sure that a couple of users will complain
the day after integration as you may have your data not 100% exact match
between DC and AD "take for example a user named scott...it could be
written Scot or Scott" unless you are sure that all data are the same
with same spelling.

Also it is very important what you will use as a user ID in the
integration...if the DC user ID is the telephone number then you must
integrate with the telephone number if not then you must found a field
that matches in the AD, otherwise it will be a new installation J.

Be aware also that after the integration if any users are not the same
as the one you pulled from AD" in other words if a user exist in the DC
and not in the AD" this user will not stay in the CUCM more than 48
hours as it will be marked as inactive and a night process will check
for inactive users that are inactive for more than 24 hours and delete
them.

 Best Regards;

  Ahmed Elnagar

  Senior Network PS Engineer