[cisco-voip] CatOS question

Robert Singleton rsingleton at morsco.com
Mon Jul 19 18:39:55 EDT 2010

On 07/19/2010 04:19 PM, Robert Singleton wrote:

> With IOS, I use 'show interfaces summary' to see a list of counters,
> including the 5 minute input and output rates, for each port. What would
> be a similar command in CatOS?

Continued research has revealed that 'show top' will give enough
information to track down what I need.

Specifically:

show top 15 bytes interval 10

will show me the 15 busiest ports over the last 10 seconds and that's
enough to help track down the problems I'm looking for.

I follow that up with

show cam dynamic <module>/<port>

to show the MAC address of the device(s) on a suspicious port, which I
follow up with a

show arp | inc <MAC>

issued on the router to discover the IP of the offending device.

Robert