[cisco-voip] Differences between MGCP / H323 in handling unknown (not configured) extension numbers in callmanager

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:12:18 EDT 2010

I think what I could see happening is that H.323 would try to re-hunt
on a 404 or unallocated number.  MGCP would not.

You could get around this with the suggestions mentioned, or adding
'huntstop' to your H.323 dial peer.  Even then, you really would not
want to do that because you would prevent the gateway from contacting
more than 1 CUCM.  So then, the correct solution is to put huntstop on
your last dial peer pointing towards CUCM.

-nick