[cisco-voip] running into the 128 voice translation-rule limit

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 14:40:40 EDT 2010

Ed,
   Doing this in CUCM isn't going to make your life easier - it's
going to give you an even bigger dialing maze to deal/cope with.
You're really going to be best served by figuring out how to make
peoples extensions coincide with their DIDs, as opposed to continuing
down the path you're going now. There's no good solution to the mess
that's being created as you add more and more extensions, and your
configuration already sounds unmanageable.
    On one hand, yes your users might have to deal with having their
numbers changed, but on the other, won't they be happy when they no
longer have to remember different extensions from their DIDs? Wont
_YOU_ be happier? Troubleshooting will certainly be easier.

-Peter