[cisco-voip] 3845 pri AIS detected

Doug McIntyre merlyn at Geeks.ORG
Thu Jul 29 11:59:56 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 09:36:25AM -0500, Robert Shearrill wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what AIS detected on my pri means.
>
> I had and pri go down, and when i looked at sh log in the gateway, it showed
>
> Controller-5-updown: Controller T1 0/0/0, changed state to down (AIS detected)
>
> Can anyone tell me what AIS detected means. or where can i find a list of errors like this on cisco web site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00801069ff.shtml

A PRI is a T1 with special signalling and no more. T1 errors are the
same as PRI errors. Lookup what the T1 error is and its the same.

AIS == Blue Alarm, and the receiver on the other end is indicating
back to you that it isn't getting framing correctly end-to-end.

As the article says, check your framing, possibly reboot your gateway,
check cabling, and call the telco to open a trouble ticket.