[cisco-voip] E164 normalization on SIP Trunk for inbound calls

Pavan K pav.ccie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:29:46 EDT 2010

Thanks Ryan.
In 7.0 on the SIP Trunk page, i only have the unknown number section on the
trunk.

Now if the PSTN is sending 7d cgpn for subscriber calls and 10d cgpn for
national calls and i want to globalize them on ingress,

Is it possible to run a bunch of transformation patterns (to reclassify the
calling number) when the call is coming in through the SIP trunk ?

Now if that's not possible my fallback option is to  normalize them to e164
on sip gw and pass it to ccm.

Can this be accomplished in any other way ?

-Pavan

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff at cisco.com> wrote:

> If you don't have the "Incoming Calling Party Settings" section in your SIP
> trunk config page in CCMAdmin then you can use the service parameter for
> Unknown numbers (as you noted, all SIP calls are classified as unknown).
>
> You may need to upgrade to 7.1 to get additional features related to
> calling party normalization.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On May 30, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Pavan K wrote:
>

> > Folks,
> >

> > For inbound calls, we can normally prefix/strip  digits on the H323  /
> MGCP gateway page based on the calling number type (subscriber / national /
> ... )
> >
> > When a call comes in through a SIP trunk, we lose the number type (due to
> SIP limitations).
> >
> > Does anybody have a good idea to normalize / re-classify the incoming
> call (subscriber / national ....) in this scenario ?
> >
> > I am using CCM 7.0
> >

> > --
> > - Pavan

- Pavan