[cisco-voip] SIP Trunk for ISP's - DTMF SIP Notify

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jun 1 16:42:56 EDT 2010

What phones do you have?  Most of them do in fact support RFC2833.
Additionally, using g.711 for rtp the software MTP resources on your CUCM can convert the dtmf just fine.

Even if you are using g729 you can use a software MTP on the router acting as your CUBE to do the necessary dtmf conversion which doesn't require any hardware DSPs.

-Ryan