[cisco-voip] E164 normalization on SIP Trunk for inbound calls

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 13:03:11 EDT 2010

This is a situation that CUBE would be able to handle gracefully.  You
could do an incoming calling number translation, where if it is 10
digits leave it alone (or add a 1, etc), and for 7 digits prefix the
area code.

It could look something like this:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 2 /\(.......\)/ /404\1/

voice translation-profile ADD_404_TO_7_DIGIT_DIAL
translate calling-party 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip
incoming called-number .
translation-profile incoming ADD_404_TO_7_DIGIT_DIAL

-nick