[cisco-voip] UCCX Install won't see Sub in CUCM Cluster

Tanner Ezell tanner.ezell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 10:22:48 EDT 2010

Then you'd be wrong. IP Phone services are not critical applications,
and if they are, there should be multiple entries hard coded with IPs.
Reliance on DNS is piss poor practice and bad design. Perhaps loss of
service is acceptable in your environment, it's not in the
environments we design. Anyone suggesting otherwise had either have a
damn good reason for suggesting it or find an alternate career path.

The internet wasn't built to use DNS, quite the opposite in fact. DNS
was built as a service to make it easier for humans to access
resources on the internet. The internet runs fine without DNS, but if
your DNS servers go down, what is your internet experience going to be
like?  Unless you know every website by IP you're up shit creek
without a paddle. What on Earth would compel you do to the same thing
to your IPT environment.

In the case of the OP, how many hours were wasted troubleshooting an
issue because his environment relies on DNS? What do you think is
going to happen when his DNS servers fail? How many hours of downtime
are acceptable?

Cheers,

Tanner Ezell