[cisco-voip] UCCX Install won't see Sub in CUCM Cluster

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Mon Jun 7 10:29:30 EDT 2010

Typically in the enterprise, having dial tone 100% reliant upon external DNS is frowned upon.  These are the same places with trading floors with billions of dollars using host files in Unix to ensure they work non-stop. Since DNS is maintained by the server team in the Enterprise your relying on someone else as well.

Wonder if Verizon or Time Warner Telcom SIP cloud relies on DNS for their underpinnings. Take down Verizon's internal SIP DNS servers and all their customer's go down? Better be a good firewall/server/patched BIND, etc.